Friday, October 1, 2010

Purses and Handbags - Different Yet the Same


I was at the shopping mart a couple of days ago and was looking through the purses and the wholesale handbags section and looking at all those lovely bags, a thought suddenly shot through my mind: Is there really a difference between purses and handbags -- because they all look the same to me. Well, according to the ever reliable dictionary a purse (p?rs) is defined as a woman's small bag or pouch used for carrying money, keys, it could also be a wallet whereas a handbag (h nd b g ) is described to be a piece of small hand luggage. So basing on that they're pretty much considering that both bags are said to be small.

But, personally and in retrospect, I could say that there really is a difference between the two. Basing on my observation and during casual conversations with friends, I find purses the smallest amongst the bag family, almost like a pouch, which I often use for keeping my really tiny stuff like coins, lipstick, make-up, or ponytails. As for handbags, every time I hear the word I picture out elongated or rectangular bags which are more on the elegant side and are often filled with studs and glitters that you can use on night-outs and dates or any other special occasions.

Moving on, in whichever way you might want to put it, purses and handbags were made for the same purpose - they were fashionably designed to be typically used by women to hold items such as wallet, keys, tissues, makeup, a hairbrush, cellular device or personal digital assistant, feminine products, or other items. And I should say that they are the most convenient and stylish bag that a woman could carry with her, by this I mean that nobody could ever go wrong with either a purse or a wholesale handbags!









No comments:

Post a Comment